Monday, July 11, 2016

Motivation to Burn

At the first of the year I joined an exercise group on FaceBook to challenge and motivate each other as we worked toward our individual fitness goals. With the help of the group I lost 12 pounds in three months & didn't suffer nearly as much as I thought I would. Now we're seven months into 2016 and I see myself falling right back into my old, unhealthy habits.

Snacking before bed. Hitting the buffet line instead of making healthy, reasonable choices while dining out. Eating mindlessly instead of charting everything I put into my body. Falling off the wagon at the first sign of success is probably why most of us lose & gain the same twenty pounds over and over again over our lifetime.

While doing a little studying and soul searching, I found this article from 2012 that is still relevant today. At least it is for me. It's all about making healthy choices a routine in our lives...as routine as say, sleeping and breathing. It's how to stay motivated & stick with a plan. And most of all, to have fun.

As a bubbly instructor in one of my exercise routines loves to say, "If it's not fun you won't do it."

Truer words have never been spoken. Getting in shape, staying in shape & adopting a healthy lifestyle should be who we are, not something we do when we feel guilty or are preparing for a beach vacation or college reunion.

Check out the original post for the motivation to find a exercise routine you'll stick with.

No comments:

Post a Comment