Monday, May 30, 2016

One-Problem Writing by Dennis Becker--A review

Last week I downloaded a free copy of One-Problem Writing: A Writer's Guide to Speed writing Helpful, Nonfiction Books & Earning Money in 7 Days or Less.

If you're looking for a textbook or week-long study guide, this book isn't it. It's only about 70 pages. But that should be pretty obvious from the description. By the title alone, you should be able to figure out what you're getting. In short order, Mr. Becker explains how anyone can write a one-problem book and make money off it. Best of all, your one-problem books can lead readers to your other writing or whatever business you're in.

I never thought about writing nonfiction before because I didn't think I knew enough about anything to write a book on it. That's why I stick with fiction where I can make up everything. But Mr. Becker's book showed me even I know enough about something to write a one-problem book about it.

I've published ten fiction titles, but I wasn't sure where to start with a nonfiction project. I downloaded several books to explain the process, but this one was the most concise, logical, and exciting. After gobbling down the book, I couldn't wait to get started. I particularly loved Mr. Becker's challenge to all readers to write and publish a one-problem book in 7 days. I sort of cheated since I already had a project in my head and halfway mapped out. Now a week later, my project is written, though not formatted or in order for publication. I'm waiting to finish at least one more title so I can release as a series. Thanks, Mr. Becker. for a great little resource.

Click on the link above to grab yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment